Who can apply:
- Women or non-binary people in construction who are interested in these techniques
- Students who are in 2nd year or above of a built environment subject at undergraduate level
- Students who are studying at HNC/HND level
- Women or non-binary people interested in a career change to construction
The learning event will encompass 1 day of online training in Passivhaus design and standards using immersive learning techniques, followed by two days in the BE-ST Innovation factory using Passivhaus rigs, where learners will gain hands-on experience to develop their practical skills.
Skills in Passivhaus have never been more in demand and are essential to reduce carbon and improve air quality for more energy efficient buildings. This presents a significant opportunity for more women to enter and progress in the construction sector.
Spaces on this course are limited and will be awarded on the basis of an application only. Guidance on completing your application can be found at this link.
To apply for a place please complete the Equate Scotland online application form using the link below.
If you have any questions about your application or require any additional support in completing it please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close on July 31
Agenda for the course is below.
Day 1: Online- Full Day Tuesday 23rd August hosted by BE-ST
- Online Introduction to programme from Equate Scotland and BE-ST
- Online Modules: Principles of Passivhaus
- Online Modules: Passivhaus in practice
Day 2: Rig training at BE-ST Innovation factory – full day Wednesday 24th August
- Introduction to Peterwarm- Guest Speaker
4 different rig constructions:
- Demonstrating airtightness
- Demonstrating thermal barrier and low thermal bridging
- Evaluation of performance
- Cutting and installing insulation
- Taping the rigs
- Testing airtightness
Day 3: At BE-ST Innovation Factory – Thursday 25th August 2022
- Female guest speaker from BE-ST about their career journey.
- BE-ST to run a skills session e.g. presentation skills, interview skills etc.
- Equate to run a session on support for women in the sector.